Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Punch Buggy

The Volkswagen commercials  six months ago or longer had a series of punch buggy episodes.  It is an old tradition that dates to the 1960s way back when if the child saw a Beetle Volkswagen the child would give her neighbor a punch.  Why?  I don't know.

Was the Volkswagen Company promoting assault?  Yes or no?

It was now many years ago that I got in trouble for assault on a Jehovah's Witness sister.  It wasn't as hard as a punch of punch buggy.  It wasn't a full handed slap.  It was half the power of a punch buggy but without a fist.  And it was not a palm slap it was the back of my fingers slap.

My journey here began when a trusted and intelligent brother who I hoped to get some support from because they were all making a mountain out of a mole hill and it was kind of scary said it was an assault.  I said her husband the elder overseer is saying I assaulted his wife.  And that brother that I trusted with my soul said  "legally it is considered an assault".

Then I shared my story on JWN.  Big mistake.  Now THEY are also calling it an assault.

So then if Volkswagen was advertising assault, then indeed I might have assaulted the elder's wife with a back fingered slap, not a punch.  If the awful violence on the Volkswagen commercials is not assault then what I did is not assault either.  OK?



No comments:

Post a Comment