Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Best sandwich

Sometimes, but not often, I like what is called an Italian Sub.  I almost never order it out because it has to be just right.  When I count things I have to write them down or I forget which one I counted and which one I didn't.  So here you go.  I'm counting.

A roll.  It can't be any roll.  It has to be white and long, not round.
Two kinds of cheese.  Provolone is one and horseradish sharp cheddar is the other.
Toast so far.  Take it out of the oven before it gets crumby.  It will be messy enough.
Hot Capicola, ham, salami, and mortadella (a new word for spell check!).

Seven so far.

Make dressing.  The juice from a jar of mild banana peppers, olive oil, fresh chopped parsley, fresh basil, fresh scallions, salt, flavored salt, pepper, hot pepper flakes.  It is OK if I forget something.

Sixteen.

Dill pickles, hot pickle peppers, banana peppers.

Nineteen.

Tomatoes.  It's summer so they are fresh.  Onions.  They were from someone else's garden.  And lettuce.

Twenty two ingredients.  I estimated twenty.

Twenty three garlic.

I might have put fresh celery leaf in it.  I forget.




No comments:

Post a Comment