Friday, August 10, 2012

I try to avoid innuendo

Innuendo has a negative connotation.  I wonder what the word is that means "hinting at something good".

From the start of my adventure on the web I have received thousands of innuendos about my person, beliefs and philosophy.  I would say it is safe to say more than the usual amount.  I have also and am also getting mostly brushed off.  Fine and good.

What I do not like is complimentary hints that the person might be aiming at me.  For instance people will say about the places I have been "Thanks to ALL the posters here" or "We appreciate ALL the posters here" or "I have been benefited by ALL the posters here".  Because I do not feel comfortable  including myself.  Why should I?

A person cannot be emotionally safe on the internet if she avoids innuendo and just sticks to the truth.

So far as I know truth has no place on the internet.  So far I am hoping YET it has no place.

Sometimes I wish the electricity would cease.  Then I might find someone who appreciates me, other than my husband and my kids.  It should be good enough for me, but not always.  Just most of the time.

My rant is over.  Thanks for listening.  Hello?  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment