Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The silence

is killing me.  Happy?

It is a figure of speech.  I do not know if it is killing me.

This is what I wrote and I got NOTHING.  I should be a song writer.

Maybe an example might help. Most teachers of God's Word for the preaching of Jesus Christ say Hebrews 10:25 means a warning not to quit going to meetings with your fellow believers. But that interpretation leaves out the possibilitiy of a change of mind or venue. It's not enough information to mean meeting attendance. It is related to the invitation to come to Jesus. "Come to me all you who are toiling and loaded down". Some people forsake going to him because they can't stand all the others going to him. "Custom" does not mean the custom of not going (I think this is what the Jehovah's Witnesses teach). "Not forsaking the gathering together as some have the custom". NOT doing something is not a custom. Custom in the context of Hebrews 10:25 means the beliefs about Jesus and other people who profess belief in him that get in the way of going to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment