Monday, May 5, 2014

How to disciple nations.

You cannot let go of the belief that Jesus said "go make disciples" because letting go might make a weak spot in your spiritual armor that believes everything written.

Jesus saying "go disciple the nations" was said and written.  I believe it!

But (scratches head) how can you disciple nations without making them disciples?

You can live it.

It is a fact that humans want what others have.  Who doesn't want money?  Who doesn't want to be liked (by anyone*)?

If after the apostles died the wolves had not crept in to mislead the flock what do you think the world might have been like with more and more people putting on Matthew 5:3-10?

James wrote (4:8) Draw close to God and [God] will draw close to you.

Did he write believe in God and God will believe in you?  NO!  But that is what they teach and what the making of disciples is about.

To to be able to draw close to God you must believe God IS.

The making of disciples requires proof God IS.


*Except for my four chuildren I have not met anyone who I know cares whether I like them or not.  And I am certain as rain that you do  not care if I like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment