Saturday, May 10, 2014

I am sorry a world against me

Has not changed my mind.  I am still insisting the writer of 1 Corinthians 13:5 wrote love is not provocation.  They say it means love is not easily angered.  Or like the Jehovah's Witnesses say "easily provoked".  Acts 17:16 has Paul provoked at seeing some statues which imo means easily angered.  So they have some penises.  And some ugly art other than that.  I call getting angry at stone "easily angered".  Does Paul have love? Not according to you!   And Jehovah will cause a judgement of destruction on all the people.  For what?  For not being nice to his slave.  How is that not easily provoked?

So I did a llittle more searching and found that the idea of anger in a man is crossed referenced at James 1:19.  I might call it a proof for your interpretation because it does warn about getting angry but a different word is there which word is ὀργήν· "Slow to anger".  The word you translate slow to anger or not provoked is παροξύνω.  Also James 1:19 is advice to people.  1 Corinthians 13:5 is not about people it is about LOVE which is God.  "God is love". 1 John 4:8


The definitions "provoke":
pro·voke  (prə-vōk′)
tr.v. pro·voked, pro·vok·ing, pro·vokes
1. To incite to anger or resentment.
2. To stir to action or feeling.
3. To give rise to; evoke: provoke laughter.
4. To bring about deliberately; induce: provoke a fight.

Anger is an impulse.  But causeing someone else anger in them is a strategy. The Bibles have love being able to control an impulse.   But I say love does not plan bad things against another.  When you judge a person how does that judged person feel?  He feels stirred up within which is what the scripture means.


An unrelated thought about παροξύνω.  I believe it is the reason YHVH does not speak much.  There I go again!  God will she ever stop?  I have heard about death.  Death means stop.  LOL

I do not think I am able to be sorryer (Which probably isn't a word as there is nothing about spelling it)

No comments:

Post a Comment