Thursday, May 8, 2014

Not forsaking the gathering together

Most people who believe this scripture at Hebrews 10:25 think it means meeting together in the world.  They teach it means that.  When it was written what was the original meaning of it please?

As we are journeying toward God obeying the command "draw close to God and God will draw close to you" and we meet another person who is also on his journey toward God we must not discourage that person and that person must not discourage us.  If I have discouraged you in your journey then I have forsaken gathering with you to God.  And if you discourage me in my journey then you have forsaken gathering with me to God.

The discouragement of course must be intentional.

"God is my shepherd" Psalm 23 Hebrews 10:25 is about gathering to the shepherd, not to each other in the flesh.

Can it mean both?  Well, when you write something is there usually two meanings to it?  If there is then you are practicing deception.  In my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment