Friday, May 16, 2014

It was the Reader's Digest

It was the June 2014 Reader's Digest page 22 that really hit a high note for me.  It is about a teacher who looks for lonely children in the class setting.  I am not a child but did Jesus say or did he not say we are to become as children to inherit God's Kingdom? But only a fool would not know that anyone still interested in the Bible is lonely.  There is no one.

This is what I read.  "This brilliant woman watched Columbine knowing that all violence begins with disconnection.  All violence begins as inner loneliness." paragraph four page twenty two.

When I was a Jehovah's Witness I had six million brothers and sisters who loved me.  Some of them who still are witnesses still love me but the governing body decrees that I should not be associated with as I have left them.

There are hundreds of "brothers" and "sisters" who have left the organization and they will have nothing to do with me.  There are others who call themselves Christian who will have nothing to do with me.

What were those hundreds doing there in the first place?  Not loving, I am sure.  I do not think it is called love liking only those you agree with.  That is what the Jehovah's Witnesses do.  And that is what those who have left still do.

No comments:

Post a Comment