Thursday, June 28, 2012

Maybe I should get real

I don't want to be real.  I was real but it gets boring being real.  But I still have to be real sometimes.

I'm glad mrsjones turned the thread about me into  something funny.  Now she is no longer the worst person I ever met.  I don't know who it is and that is good news.  I don't want to know people who I might be tempted to knock off the raft.

The somewhere I had to be was button club.  When I asked my husband if he even knew what my blog was about he said buttons?  I didn't hit him.

It occurred to me that I can start a new blog.  And then my nasty little self said in my head "OK but when they read this other stuff, they might think to think what I have thought is dangerous because it is opposition to what the wise men have said."  So if I start a new blog I will sound normal (maybe) but I'm not and I shall be careful that I do not seem to be someone I am not.  Because if my new friends find out I am what I am they might hate me more because they have thought I have deceived them.  Which in my opinion is much worse than being nothing.

I collect buttons.  I collect all kinds of things.  All kinds of things almost caused a breaking up of my marriage.  I do not have much clutter.  And I do not have many cats.  My house does not smell bad.  I would rather have a fresh house than dust and clutter free.  I am torn between Victorian have to have a lot of stuff and contemporary design which is a lot of unused spaces.  That is what my house looks like.  Because of my duo nature I began collecting small things.  And useful things like pretty throws that double as two dimensional art but can be used to stay warm.  

Buttons are small.  Most people do not think about buttons their whole life long.  When I am at a sale I say "do you have any buttons?" and nine out of ten times they say "what?".

My favorite real thing to do is search a bunch of buttons to find something new.  And I almost always do.

I am a picker, but not a professional picker.  I do not buy things to sell as I do not have a store.  Sometimes I sell things at the flea market. But business is slow.

Describing myself as a picker means I always pay less than retail for anything.  If it cost too much I won't buy it.  Ever.  Except for vacuum cleaners, cookware, and other electronics, and of course personal items.  I also will pay retail for crafted items as I love to support the arts.  I have some nice paintings.  To buy something someone made is sharing in HAPPY I think.

I am notorious in my small town for liking all kinds of old stuff.  Whenever I bring something to the auction house that does free appraisals I always get good news that the item can be auctioned for more than I paid.  Sometimes much more.  And I have sold things on eBay so I know it's true.  





No comments:

Post a Comment