Monday, June 11, 2012

2 Peter 3:4 describes the modern Witnesses of Jehovah

As the New World Translation has recorded it.
..."Where is this promised presence of his?"  Why from the day our forefathers fell asleep [in death] all things are continuing exactly as from creations beginning".

THEY are described asking the question.  It is a prophesy about them.

How do I know that?

I can see it.

I have said so before but people don't care or don't believe me.  Now that Sparlock has appeared and the ridicule has intensified against the Watchtower I think it is proper to re-address it.

So I looked up "saying" this time.

If the scripture means what they say it means the verb should be Strong's 7593 a word for "ask" which carries the meaning of  "move, provoke, stir up".  But it is written "say" (Strong's 3004)  as "I mean, mention, tell, call, name, command".  And that is what they do.

I shall repeat my former article about why I think 2 Peter 3:3 means them too, of course.

The word in the NWT translated "ridiculers" actually has the meaning of "mockers", which if you look up in Strong's Concordance has the meaning of "a mocker, by impl. a false teacher".  It is only disturbing to me that they are described that way WITH a warning "in the last of the days".

No comments:

Post a Comment