Thursday, June 21, 2012

I can

My mind has learned how to grasp foreverness.  No beginning, and no end, I get it.

But I don't know how to grasp how much a million is.  I must imagine it is smaller than it is.  The reason why is they say ALL the mutations that cause diversity happened since the "big bang".  But nonlife doesn't mutate.  Right!  Except for stuff like diamonds.

Since the first known life type organism there doesn't seem (to me) to be enough years between then and now  for the very high level of specialty we see.  What do you think?  How many successful  mutations need happen every day since they say it began.  I forget when they said.   Then let's add in the unsuccessful mutation.  How many?  We should probably count the mutations in the species that have become extinct too.   Don't forget those.  

No comments:

Post a Comment