Wednesday, June 20, 2012

How again?

One thing on my walk got me thinking about being clear, the other one I want to tell too.

How are they "lovers of money"?  They project an image of being the opposite.  So I shall try again to be clearer this time around.  I have to believe God is love.  What is love?  Love is patient and kind.  It is not jealous, does not provoke (or be provoked, I'm not sure), I used to know this by heart.  I shall, I suppose, look it up.  Does not brag, does not "get puffed up", does not behave indecently (this is a clue for me, but that's not it), DOES NOT LOOK FOR IT'S OWN INTEREST, does not become provoked (that is why one should guard one's sense of humor with all one's heart and ability), it does not keep account of the injury,   DOES NOT REJOICE OVER UNRIGHTEOUSNESS, but rejoices with THE TRUTH.  It is not true that six billion hearts will stop beating. But they rejoice that they will be spared when that "happens".

How then, are they lovers of money?  The patience and kindness that are due their God, they give to their money.  Even though they do not have a lot of money to love, they love the money they have.  How so?  They say it is what identifies them as publishers of the Good News.

The other way my brain went this morning was how does the "recreation" add in?  I do not know but I have a theory which I will not throw into this black hole called the internet.  Matthew 19:28

No comments:

Post a Comment