Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Jehovah's Witnesses unique position

I was a Jehovah's Witness so I know what they teach.  While I was with them I made it my habit to listen.  Now I know that what they teach is not much different than any other Christian religion.  There exists two chief differences.  They teach there is not hell fire torment after death.  The other major difference is their belief that Earth should I mean will be made a paradise by them, and for them.

Jehovah has said "I have not changed".  Malachi 3:6  The Word says "the dead are conscious of nothing".   Ecclesiastes 9:5  Can Jehovah change that?  In other words if it pleased Mighty God who created everything but Mighty God, even the laws of physics and spirit, can Jehovah change that rule?  Can Jehovah make a person suffer after death?  Is it possible?  Well, I know they teach The Word is not God, so the word can change, can it not?  Then if the Word can change it might be possible to suffer for a time after death.  What do you think?

The other thing that the World should do that the Jehovah's Witnesses teach is a given which is to be transformed into paradise is that dependent on how things stack up?

Hold on a second.

The Jehovah's Witnesses teach that the Earth shall be transformed into a paradise.  They teach it will happen. Dependent on what?  Nothing.  They teach it is dependent on nothing but the will of god.  So I see little difference in what they teach (Earth a paradise) to what other Christian religions teach (Heaven a paradise).

What do I think it is dependent on?   Understanding.  And cooperation.  Of course it is possible.  I think it is an easier thing to transform Earth than it is to change one's mind, don't you?  

No comments:

Post a Comment