Friday, January 18, 2013

Kriss cross applesauce how am I like my mother

Please get us some coffee while you're out.

My mother is a knitter.  She knit wool and polyester into things.  Knitting is many thousands of stitches that when done correctly usually ends up being something worthwhile. 

And what does this have to do with Bible Study.

They told Yeshoshua "like father like son".  I don't read commentaries.  He said back "like mother like daughter".  I like best thinking about Yehoshua.  It occurred to me I do not know what that means.  So I got to thinking how I can apply it to what I know.  And voila!  Knitting.  Which reminds me of a thread on Religious Education about ambiguity.  Which some people hate.  I am like my mother (who is a worldling) who knits and I (from out of this world) am like her as I 'knit' evidence together to stay on the way to YHWH.

And that is the answer.  The question was why can I see the scroll but it does appear no one else can see it.  No one else who is living in my world that is.  Because I can see the evidence which I shall call stitches.  And everyone else is blind by the god of this system of things.  2 Corinthians 4:4 calls the people unbelievers from the word unpersuaded but that makes little sense to me.  If you care to look up the word it's meaning is "without faith or trust" and that is accurate.  They trust the promise but they do not trust the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment