Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Another transfer

I post on Religious Education Forum and sometimes I make a point there that no one sees because each thread is signed by the poster.  I will add it on here because someone someday might read it and I think it is important.

If you were there to follow the conversations would you then be confident you could judge whether it was trolling or not? This question is for discussion. It is not about you personally.

I suppose trolling should be defined first.
The art of deliberately, cleverly, and secretly ******* people off, usually via the internet, using dialogue.

Can anyone see that trolling does not mean contrary opinions, stupidity, nonsense, weakness ect but means a DELIBERATE attempt to "stir the pot".

I think it is fair to say it is up to the owner of forum to judge if a problem is trolling. They will not always get it right, but they must prevent mayhem so sometimes they must decide that a poster is trolling even if they do not know.

But is it fair for the other posters to judge intent? To call someone "troll" is to assume the intent behind the ideas that are ******* people off is known. Is that possible?

An answer of "yes" it is possible to judge intent, means you know what the heart is.
Of a stranger? Are there people here who believe they can and should judge the hearts of strangers?

I once had an awful time with the group I was with. They were all judging the situation harshly I believed. I called a friend who was away. Instead of saying any number of possible calming, friendly, understanding things she said "I really don't know because I was not there". That was her idea of a helping hand. That might have been the pivotal point of my life.

How so? Christians are admonished not to judge. By saying "I can not say a word about it because I was not there" to me can mean "if I was there and knew all the particulars then I would be able to judge who was right and who was wrong".

OMG then whenever I share this people say there is nothing where one side is all right and the other is all wrong. And I'm like, that is how you know how to help? That is the ONLY way you know how to help? I wonder why you believe I don't know that?

No comments:

Post a Comment