Sunday, July 1, 2012

I don't push my ring theory

Because I think it's stupid.  But yesterday I found two books that prove it.  (not really prove in uh three dimensions-nevermind).

One is by Will Durant and I think the man is spot on.  He's dead though.

The other book is called Markings with a foreword by W. H. Auden.  A wordy man.  The author is Dag Hammarskjold.  I am descended from Swedish on one side of the family so I bought the book.  Also because it is written in the style of forum.

I got off track a little bit. (but didn't write it!)

How?

So far I have agreed with Will in everything.  But I have found nothing to agree with with (except that) W. H. Auden.

A ring is a circle so eventually opposites must be together (in a circle-not in a strait line-obviously)

There are suppose to be two withs there, Just saying.

Here is what I hope is not true what W. H. Auden said.  He is responding to what Thoreau said and I agree and also proves my point "It is as hard to see oneself as to look backwards without turning around".  I believe that is TRUE.  But then Mr. Auden had to ruin it by saying "The truth is that our friends--and our enemies--always know us better than we know ourselves".   I have two things to say about that.  The first thing is--my friends know that I am good enough and--my enemies know I am worthless.  But I don't agree with anyone, well, anyone who's alive that is.  I believe I am NOT good enough and I trust I am NOT worthless.  So he is wrong imho.

But I know how to make him right.  About what he wrote.  Our Friend, God and our enemy Devil knows us better than we know ourselves.  

No comments:

Post a Comment