Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I shall not want

I remember when the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses introduced new light on the most famous of all Psalms.  The Lord Is My Shepherd

They said "I shall not want" means that with God, if you are good, you will suffer no want.  In other words God supplies all you need and when you recognize that fact , you won't have anything more to want.

Is that right?

It does have a nice twin.  It's twin is "be content with the present things, for God will never leave you".

What do I think it means?

Christ came to do, not his own will, but to do the will of The Father.  He purged himself of the desire to do things his way.

That is what I think it means.

How is it applied in an average human life?  Good question!

Gordon says a human mind will only acknowledge the things that it knows the person of his  mind believes in.  The person whose mind is doing it.   So each person's own mind is slave to each person who has a mind.  Does that make sense?

It is too commonly true that when a mind  witnesses something that does not support the person's belief, the person will cause the mind to ignore it, or even justify it away.

What powers this phenomenon?  Want.

"I want to believe things my way".

Your Lord did not want to believe things his way.  Why do you?

Why do I?  LOL!!!!!!!

Why not tell me why you think I do?


No comments:

Post a Comment