Saturday, August 31, 2013

Another stupid error.


I hate the superfine apostles I really do.  Hebrews 10:24,25 (NWT) And let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works.  Not forsake the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as you see the day drawing near.

Define encourage - give support confidence or hope to.

The word is parakalountes NOT symparaklethenia which is the cross reference at Romans 1:12 for Hebrews 10:25

To sympathize with someone means you hear their testimony and their trouble and you share friendly fellow feeling with them. That is what most Bibles say is also at Hebrews 10:25.  Why isn't it the same word then?

Hebrews 10:24 does not mean share like Romans 1:12 does.  It means to implore.  It is a verb used to encourage a person to do what they are not doing, not what they are doing like so very many people believe.

People use this scripture for a pep rally.  It isn't about making others feel good about what they are doing and what they believe.  It's the opposite of that.

What are they not doing?  They are not seeking truth.  Nobody cares that so much of understanding is not pleasing God. It is misleading them.  If a message comes through distorted is it the message still?

I will tell you why I am writing this.  I'm thinking nobody is doing that to me.  They are doing neither actually, for the most part.  They are not encouraging me to do what I'm doing and they are not imploying me for correction if I am wrong.  So I was thinking, what if anybody did get contentious with me?  Isn't silence better than that?  NO!  Not according to Hebrews 10:25.  It is your job as a Christian to correct me if I am wrong.  You are doing neither so either way you are disobeying Hebrews 10:25, unless I am right.

No comments:

Post a Comment