Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Not according to accurate knowledge

They have a zeal for God but not according to accurate knowledge. Roman's 2:10 At some time in the past the inspired words of the prophets were handed down with the wrong understanding.  But because the understanding handed down has become well established it is alright by most people to leave it be.  
But true freedom comes from recognizing the truth.  John 8:31 "if you hold to my teaching you are really my disciples then you will know the truth and the truth will set you free".

To set free:  To free from moral liability.

I understand moral liability to mean I can not be blamed for the loss of anyone's soul but mine.  So I am free from the burden of trying to convince you that you must get off the wide road that leads to destruction and must get on the narrow road that leads to life.  It means free in a spiritual sense.  Because if I sin against a life Jesus can not make me free from my blame unless I repent and allow time to correct the matter.  Truth is definitely banded to time.  Can anyone dispute that?

To endure to the end as in "he who has endured to the end will be saved" is to persist in the Lord's prayer, not by repetition but by understanding and compliance.





No comments:

Post a Comment