Saturday, May 5, 2012

Get away from me you workers of lawlessness

It is being, not will be.  Luke 13:27
That means he is present to work the will of God through us.  If the works of God are not being worked through you He has already told you "get away from me".
Why would he say that?
He came so the world might be saved through him.
Instead of obeying the command at Mark 12:30, Matthew 22:37, Luke 10:27, "followers of Christ" are mocking him by learning the law to obey, instead of learning the neighbors to obey (but not in slavery).
2 Peter 3:3,
To whom should one reflect Jesus this way?
God knows who.  Are you obeying who?
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,

3 comments:

  1. It is my opinion that "Christians" have done very little TO ME to build me up. Those Christians who know me, most of them could not care less about me. It seems they have not yet decided if I AM one of them.
    So my help has come from the other side, if there is another side.
    It is prophesied.
    Matthew 7:22
    Luke 16:8
    for the sons of this age are more shrewd in relation to their own kind than the sons of light.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband has been my only helper (that I can recall right now). He not only doesn't believe in Christ, he doesn't believe in a Living God. So no, I'm neither, but thanks for worrying about me!
      I'm neither of the flock (it seems) nor the um unflock. OK get serious. Do I have to? I am not of "the son's of this age". You probably don't have to protect yourself from me!

      Delete
  2. What do I mean?
    I mean Christians should be talking to me, I guess. It feels like they should. But it is a good idea that the sons of the age don't.

    ReplyDelete