Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Or maybe their Christianity is about self confidence

I do not at first promote self-confidence.  So when someone reads a post of mine they might worry "I might be WRONG?".

If a reader does not get what she came for right away then why stick around. People do not like the feeling of wrong.

The beginning of the belief in Christ imho is to GIVE UP self-confidence.

It is a journey.  Your having self-confidence is you knowing the way.  You do not know the way.

You wanting self-confidence for knowing the way is you desiring to be like God.

I do believe that at the end of your journey you will find your confidence and it will be yours and personal.  It will make every difficulty along the way precious to you.  You will be glad.

But it will not be group confidence, something which at least the Jehovah's Witnesses teach.  I have not been taught by any other group so I can not say if others teach it.

I shall go out on a limb here and say that group confidence is EVIL.  

No comments:

Post a Comment