Friday, May 15, 2015

A picture for you

I  shall draw a picture.

I will use an historical account to try to make my point.

Jerusalem would be devastated.  It was foretold.  Jesus said to not even go up to get your coat when the time came.

The time came and many Christians left the city.  They fled to the mountain.  It seems they took few things with them but some took along their custom or customs.  It would be easier for the few who took nothing but their hope.  The ones taking their custom with them began to realize that they might not be able to practice those customs any longer.  SO SOME TURNED BACK.

Not forsaking the assembling together of ourselves even as custom with some but encouraging one another....

What does "custom with some" mean to YOU?

As a JW for almost 20 years, I puzzled on what  does "as custom" mean?  Do you know what it means?

Also, what does "forsake meetings" mean?  I knew I could refuse one meeting but go to the next.  I also knew I could one day forsake it all and the next day change my mind. and start going again.

But if on your way up to Mountain Zion you change your mind and turn around, THAT is forsaking it.   Or maybe you can imagine yourself turning back to go down then turning around to go up and so on and so on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment