Monday, February 25, 2013

Story Store!

This is funny!

I am acquainted with the button crowd.  The kind of buttons the button crowd is interested in are old sewing buttons.  I joined this world of the buttons about four years ago.  Before that I had found four big jars of buttons at a thrift store and I bought them all for $32.00.

Buttons are a mood enhancing phenomenon for many people.  It is a competition for finding the best, pettiest, rarest ones.  There are millions.  I bet you did not know that!

I have been thinking of getting to know the ladies (and the few gentlemen) of the button club better.  The meetings are the only place we see each other and the meetings are busy, noisy and short.  Therefore there is not much time to get to know each other.

To remedy the problem I had a luncheon for the group members.  Eight ladies and one gentleman came.  One of the ladies brought wine.  She is a button seller.

It is rare for a button collector to sell any favorite buttons.  Usually the owner must die for the buttons to be let go of.

I am young and alive but if I die, my buttons will be sold for sure.  Everyone gets excited when new old buttons come up for  sale.  Even if it is just to see them is exciting as every collection I have seen so far is unique and special.  Sometimes the collection is sold for well under auction value.

This is the story for a short piece.  The lady who brings the wine brings poison wine so that more buttons will appear for sale faster.  Haha.  What ever made me think of that?  It was the wine.  I did not think it was a good choice.  It's a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment