Thursday, September 12, 2013

Gathering together

They say that to obey God you must gather with them.  The scripture they use to prove it is Hebrews 10:25 which says do not forsake the gathering together but be encouraging one another.  Some even believe that being in their group will make them safe from Earth's worst tribulation.

A scripture came to mind as I was pondering what was said to me on forum about finding the right people. Who are the right people?

There is a story about a woman who was childless.  It made her very sad that she had no children.  I am a mother.  I know that for me my children are dearer to me than anyone is.  Her husband saw that she was sad and said this: (1 Samuel 1:8) Elkanah her husband said to Hannah "why weep and why not eat and why is your heart grieving, am I not good to you as ten sons?"

Now substitute Christ for Elkanah remembering he has received God's throne from YHVH.  And substitute conditional friendship for the ten sons and what have you?

They keep on insisting they know God's word best but how can they whenever they are saying we need them?

No comments:

Post a Comment