Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The end of the world?


Matthew 24:14
[I]and this good news of the reign shall be proclaimed in all the world, for a testimony to all the nations; and then shall the end arrive[/I] Young's Literal Translation

What is the end that will come?  Some say it means the end of the world.

But might it mean the telling of the good news of the Kingdom is what will end?
[I]No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest," declares the LORD. "For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more[/I]."

The end of the proclaiming of the Kingdom won't happen until Ezekiel 37:38 is fulfilled.
[I]'Then the nations will know that I the LORD make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever[/I]'

It is not the end of the world.  It is the end of telling the world.  IMO

but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved. Matthew 10:22
As you know, we consider blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of Job's perseverance and have seen what the Lord [B]finally brought about.[/B]* The Lord is full of compassion and mercy   James 5:11
*end means outcome, not destruction

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
[I]But whoever will persevere until the end will have life[/I]   Matthew 24:13  It means to remain under the load.  (Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls For my yoke is easy and my burden is light Matthew 11:29,30).

Anyway it does not mean to be in expectation of the end of the world.  It means to stay with Y'Hushua Ha'Mashuyach until the completion of the testimony.

Daniel 3:28 [I]Then Nebuchadnezzar said, "Praise be to the God of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, who has sent his angel and rescued his servants! They trusted in him and defied the king's command and were willing to give up their lives rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.[/I]

No comments:

Post a Comment