Sunday, September 2, 2012

Husk cherries

I bought some husk cherries at the farmer's market.  The seller was a superb sale's person.  I tasted the sample, but didn't like it much.  I had to think of a good way to eat them as they are food.  So I said out loud they might make good muffins.  So now I have three pints.

I looked it up.  They sure don't taste like cherries.  It is because they are not.

They are more like tomatillos.  So I looked for some recipes for them.  Jelly, pie and salsa are so far my choices.  Three pints will make a lot of salsa.

It is a bad day for recipes for me.  I have some left over barbecue that I thought might make some good barley soup, but I forgot the sugar in it.  I never made sweet soup before.  I have not eaten it yet.  I hope it is good enough to eat.   

No comments:

Post a Comment