Friday, April 22, 2011

A pattern

I think I found a lovely pattern.  I shall share it.  The sermon on the mount and the Lord's prayer.


Our Father  -  Conscious of spiritual need. (needing a heavenly Father for us all.)

In heaven -   Happy are they that mourn (the loss of our security-heaven)

Let Your Name be sanctified -  Happy are the mild tempered (they show God's goodness)
                                                                        
 Let Your will take place - Happy are they who are hungering and thirsting for righteousness.


Give us our bread for today - Happy are the merciful (Sharing what we have)


Forgive us our debts - Happy are the pure in heart


As we forgive others - Happy are the peaceable

Do not bring us into temptation - Happy are those persecuted for righteousness' sake (think of how very tempting it is to get angry when persecuted).

Deliver us from the wicked one - Happy you are when people reproach you and say every sort of wicked thing against you for my sake.
                                          
I think I do know why Jesus said two happinesses for persecution.  That is the terrible thing that I can't say.
In my bible these two lists are in this same order.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment