Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Faithful and Discreet Slave

Jesus asked, "who really is it?".  The Jehovah's Witnesses say it is their governing body.

The Bible does not go on to answer the question.

But the Bible does provide the clues.

I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever
When the Advocate comes, whom I will send to you from the Father--the Spirit of truth who goes out from the Father--he will testify about me.
But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment