Monday, December 10, 2012

What would YOU call it?


I'm new to this site but I found your recent post.  I understand your feelings.  I've had many negative encounters with my fellow witnesses.  This is what keeps me going:  first and foremost is Jesus counsel to the first congregations in Revelation.  Remember only 2 out of 7 were doing it right. That tells us that today we can expect to see serious problems in the congregations.  2. People are at various levels of spiritual maturity in the congregation.  I have been in the truth all my life.  I've gone to 48 different congregations (I was married to a rolling stone), some were strong some were weak.  I've learned to watch who I confide in and keep my personal activities to myself (there's always someone who'll misunderstand what you're doing.)  Recently I was attending another congregation during the week because of classes I was attending.  I worked in service with one of the sisters there and happened to mention a documentary I had watched on Netflix about Martin Luther.  She actually approached an elder about my "apostasy" and he agreed with her. Needless to say, I quit visiting that hall.  When you find one hall is affecting your spirituality, go to another, don't stop going.  Remember Eli?  He was not doing right but until he was replaced by Samuel, Jehovah still used him.  The message at the meetings is pure, the deliverers aren't always.  Focus on the message, not the one's delivering it.  I've seen problems go on for a long time, Jehovah will straighten things out eventually. One congregation had problems for years and finally 7 elders were called on the stage and removed in front of the whole congregation. (they were basically doing what Eli was, turning a blind eye to their children's behavior)  Anyway, now that congregation is doing well.  So, to coin an old phrase, don't throw the baby out with the bath water.  Go to the meetings, go in field service, do what you're supposed to do and don't look too closely at your fellow workers.  Hope this helps


Thanks.  I wonder why everyone thinks I left the congregation because they were mean?  Haha?  That is not why I left.  Israel asked for a king like the nations had.  They were warned not to but they did and THEY suffered for it.  We are told Jesus is our Leader.  We  have a warning too.  Psalm 146:3 and  2 Corinthians 1:9 "rely on God, not on ourselves".  I did not leave because I did not see evidence of the Holy Spirit (in four congregations and conventions).  I left because I think Holy Spirit is not present BUT THEY SAY IT IS.  Can you see the difference?  If they did not 1. Say they are the only way of salvation (like the Catholic Church has done btw) 2. Say we must obey men rather than The Spirit of God.  (I believe God's Spirit led me into the congregation.  YOU believe I am wrong to believe the same Spirit led me out.)  3. Shunning is very bad.  It is the wrong way to interpret the scriptures about spiritual cleanness. I am sure because many times it is cruel.  Is love cruel?  So if I am right about the Jehovah's Witness misinterpreting some things how are they different from false religion who misinterprets some things, please?

The message is not pure.  I will give you just one example.  It was the first thing I questioned the wisdom of the JW teaching.  Hebrews 10:25.  The whole time I was associated with the witnesses I kept my contention to myself.  FORSAKE means to abandon.   They teach it means Jehovah is saying miss no meetings if you can help it.  It is not a pure interpretation.  Till the time I walked out on the brothers who said we must obey the Governing Body of men, I was at all the meetings. (most all that I could attend)   It was a rule and I followed it.  But it is not a rule because of what Hebrews 10:25 says.  They twist the scriptures just like everyone else does.  Not pure.   I think it is poison what they are feeding the "great crowd" Revelation 7:9 which really isn't it because Revelation 7:17 says the Lamb will guide them to fountains of waters of life.  Not twisted lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment